Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Count your blessings.

Shirt: Yard sale, Skirt: RW&Co, Flats: Naturalizer 


The other day I was having a rough day. Things were not going my way and my head was flooded with thoughts and worries.
My 5 year old brother comes up to me and states " Sarah, why aren't you smiling?" 
I say " Well, I don't feel like smiling right now."
He replies " Please smile now, I like it when you smile."
My heart melted!
It got me thinking of how much I have to smile about.
I have an awesome family, a warm house, plenty of food, way to many clothes... I could go on forever!
I am going to strive to count my blessings; my many reasons to put a smile on my face.
There is always a reason to rejoice.
There is always a reason to smile.
Find that reason!


 "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18a

4 comments:

  1. I can totally understand feeling down sometimes and feeling like smiling :/ But when you are someone who smiles a lot people notice! Good to see your perspective on joy though!! Not always easy to choose to have it.
    ps. looove the books behind you!
    Très bien
    redemptionisbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit! That shirt is such a lovely print :)

    Sorry about your bad day. I think we all have those sometimes!! But you are so right, our lives are super blessed, we have so much to be joyful about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post!! your little brother is precious!! And you look so pretty and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm loving all the quotes. you are adorable, my dear.

    ReplyDelete